Wednesday, May 11, 2016

Top 10 Most Common Bad Habits that Cause Pimples

Nowadays, we men are more conscious about our body more special to those men that interact with other people. At the same time, different institutions are starting to help us get rid of our problems especially those who have facial problems – like pimples. But not all of us are aware that the common bad habits on our daily life are maybe the cause of these pimples. Below are the top 10 most common bad habits that cause pimples:

10. Using Harsh Soaps on Face (The “Kad-kad Pamore” Habit)

Photo from www.samuitimes.com
            Some men prefer to use soaps on their face but they don’t know that too much using of soap on our face can accumulate pimples. Generally, soaps in the market are abrasive since they are developed for whitening or exfoliating purposes. And as soaps exfoliate our skin, soaps leave residues that cause bacteria and eventually lead to pimple break out. Aside from that, using harsh soaps can darken our facial skin even though these soaps offer whitening effects.

            I’m guilty of this habit before especially those times when I was experimenting on how am able to get rid of pimples. Base on my own experience, majority of soaps that have kojic acid really worsen or damage my facial skin. Maybe my skin can’t resist the acidity of those soaps. So, until now I’m skipping those soaps that have kojic acid and I prefer glutathione other than that. If you really prefer soaps for your face other than facial washes, my advice to you is to use not too strong soap. Use a milder one. Also, use facial cleanser to remove deep-seated dirt and residues that caused by your soaps. And lastly, use soaps twice a day only, preferably morning and evening.

9. Always Looking at the Mirror (The “Mirror Syndrome” Habit)

Photo from www.123rf.com

            For sure, many men and women are guilty of this habit – looking their reflection at the mirror whether they are in public or at home. As men, we always want to look good so as far as there are mirrors, side mirror of vehicles or even those tinted wind shields, we will try to fix our hair and then put powder on our face if we feel our face a bit oily. But sometimes as we look our reflection at the mirror, we can see some annoying pimples and out of our desperation to eliminate those pimples, we put different facial products on the affected area. And due to some side effects of these products, other than to heal those pimples it only worsens the condition.

            I called this habit as the “mirror syndrome.” I don’t have any solution about this habit but the only thing that I can advise is to minimize the time of staying at the mirror. The shorter you look at the mirror, the lesser the possibility of interaction with those pimples.

8. Always Touching your Face (The “Touchy” Habit)

Photo from www.gettyimages.co.uk

            Touching your nose, touching your forehead, touching your cheeks, touching your whole face! Dude, STOP! The “touchy habit” is considered one of the prominent causes of pimples. Since we regularly use our hands in many activities and we forget to wash it after, the dirt, dusts, and bacteria are accidentally transferred from our hands to our face. Aside from that, some men nowadays are using powder on their face. And putting powder on our face required our hands. In addition, many of us are not aware of that.

            I’m guilty of the “touchy habit” since I regularly put powder on my face to reduce the shine and oil on my face. Below are my advises on how to get rid of this bad habit:

             1.    Use hand sanitizer or alcohol before pouring powder on your hands or as needed.
             2.    Use clean soft handkerchief on wiping your face.
             3.    Avoid touching your face frequently.
             4.    Don’t scratch your face when you feel some itchiness.
             5.    Always keep your hands clean.

7. Shifting Facial Products (The “Two-timer” Habit)

Photo from paultheprguy.blogspot.com

            Many of us are not aware that shifting facial products are not good for our skin. Shifting facial products can damage even the healthier layer of the skin. For example, if you’re previously using soap on your face and eventually you change it into a facial wash or other brand of soap, the skin that not yet healing from the soap will get worsen by the later product. And then when this happen, you’re going to try another product to heal it but this not really solve the problem but rather worsen and worsen it. Taking care of our skin is like relationship, having two partners are not good – stick-to-one only! (Do I sound a love guru now? XD XD XD)

            I’m really guilty of the “two-timer” habit. Since I’m not really contented of the effects that gave by my previous products, I’ve tried some products that hoping to give me better result but unfortunately, some didn’t work and rather worsen my condition. That only advice that I can gave is to stick-to-one product only! Kung saan hiyang ka, doon ka na lang.

6. Holding your Pee (The “Ceasefire” Habit)

Photo from www.menshealth.com

            Holding your pee is really a bad habit. Our pee is dirt from our body and to eliminate the dirt, we should release it as urine. There is no point to keep the dirt on our body, so it’s better to release it or otherwise it only increases the number of pimples on our body.

            This habit is generally the cause of my pimples when I was in high school. I’m guilty of holding my pee before. I refuse to pee at school because the comfort room at that school is really bad. I only used to pee on their C.R. when I was in 3rd year where the conditions of C.R.s there were getting better.

5. Stress (The “Sunog-Kilay” Habit)

Photo from www.custress.com
            There are many varieties of stresses that cause pimples. The most common one is the stress of school. Pimples are more common to teenagers who are commonly schooling. Studying is really stressful especially when the deadlines of paper submission are coming. Stresses are cause by hormonal imbalance happening inside our body and it comes out in different for such as pimples.

            As an engineering student, I experience this kind of stress. But I have some remedies on how to get rid of this stress:

                1.    Be happy / be positive.
                2.    Stop for a while when you’re feeling some headache.
                3.    Listen to music / watch funny videos.
                4.    Take a rest.
                5.    Keep calm in times of stress.

The above list is only an advice base on my experience. The result may vary on your condition and your lifestyle.

4. Unbalance Diet / Eating Unhealthy Foods (The Close to Ulcer Habit)

Photo from oratechsolve.com

            What we eat reflects what we are. Unbalance diet and/or eating unhealthy foods lead to some health issues. Treating or getting rid of pimples is not only by putting products on our skin. Eating healthy foods are very essential to our body. So, don’t only rely outside, but also take care of the inside for a better result.

            I’m guilty of skipping breakfast. Sometimes I only eat once or twice a day depending on the works I’m going to finish. The more activities on a specific day, the lesser I chance to eat. I’m sorry if I can give you an advice since I also struggling this kind of habit.

3. Laying your Face on your Pillow while Sleeping (The “Dapa Pamore” Habit)

Photo from greatist.com

            Sleeping is also very essential to us but improper position of sleeping can generate pimples especially on our face. Our pillows are not dirt-proof so as the days past the more dirt it catches that sometimes we refuse to take an action on that. This is also the cause why sometimes we wake up and we looked at the mirror; there is/are pimple/s.

            The advice that I can gave to you is to change your pillowcase once a week but in my condition, due to my laziness, I change it once every two weeks sometimes much longer. Also, observe proper position on sleeping. Don’t lay your face on your pillow while sleeping even its pillowcase is newly changed.

2. Lack of Sleep / Sleeping Late (The “Zombie Mode” Habit)

Photo from www.wisegeek.org

            Maybe, I’m not the only one guilty of this habit – lack of sleep / sleeping late. Our body needs to rest and sleeping helps we recover from the tiredly day. But sleeping too late is not advisable since it can’t help restore the lost energy. How it can effect on accumulating pimples? Sleeplessness loosen the elasticity of our skin and because of that, our skin will get more prone of bacteria that cause pimples.

            Being guilty of this habit, I still trying sleep at least 7 hours a day but since I’m an engineering student, I sometimes skip the 7-hour rule. So, the only advice that I can give is to chop the 7-hour of sleeping. Sleep 2-3 hours in the afternoon and the rest at night so that you can comply with the 7-hour rule of sleeping.

1. Pricking Pimples (The “Party Popper” Habit)

Photo from www.alamy.com

            And now, down to the top 1 most common bad habit that cause pimples – pricking pimples! Pricking your pimples is a big NO! This habit can lead to some severe skin issues – pimple marks, increase number of pimples and dark spots.

            I learned from this! Talagang nagsisisi ako sa pagtiris ko ng mga pimple ko! If I ever have a chance to back in time, I will refuse to prick my pimples. But unfortunately, it’s impossible. I accept it and I’ve learned from it. And now, I am tolerating myself not to prick my pimples anymore. So guys, never ever prick your pimples if you don’t want to have a worse skin condition.

            



The above list is only base on my opinion and experience. Maybe there are more causes of these pimples and I’m glad if you can share it with us and let us know how you manage or dealt with it. Remember, the enemy of one, is the enemy of all guys out there! Note also that the terms enclosed inside the parentheses are in my words only, just to makes my blog more casual and interesting to read. Plus, some italicized words are in tagalog word so if you want to know the equivalent English terms for the italicized words, go to Google Translate.

            If you have any concerns, just comment below. Don’t forget to follow me and share my blog. Also, get a glimpse of some of my posts and reviews that maybe helpful to you. Thank you for reading my blog! Until my next blog guys!

-- Boss Gio

No comments:

Post a Comment