Monday, June 13, 2016

Who says that Facial Creams / Moisturizer are just for Girls?

Who says that? Or maybe it’s a long time ago XD, the time where creams or moisturizers are just for girls and not for boys. Yeah I know, many men before really don’t put creams or moisturizers on their face because they look it as part of a woman routine and not applicable for men since they thought that these might lessen their masculinity. At some point, it’s true but dude, our time is evolving.

Like what I’ve said on my previous posts, men nowadays are more conscious in their body. And as men, we always want to look good especially for girls. XD. Maybe putting some creams or moisturizers is a bit awkward but it’s really help.

            For sure some men didn’t fond to use creams or moisturizer because they thought that majority of creams are specially made for women’s skin but take a look on the market. Some creams and moisturizer are specially formulated for us! So there’s no point to regret to try using these.

            If you guys can’t decide what brands of creams and moisturizer to use, I will give you my thoughts on some of my creams and moisturizers that I’ve used and I’ve still using:


POND’S White Beauty Advanced with SPF 15

Photo from www,ebay.com

            If you’re talking about creams, POND’S is one of the well-known brands in the name of cosmetics and skincare!

            I’ve been used and tried a lot of POND’S creams before and now. And one of these is the POND’S White Beauty Advanced with SPF 15.

            What I’ve liked on this? First, it has SPF. SPF is the first thing that you must look for into a cream or moisturizer since we’re also concern to don’t get burn and darken as we stay outside. Aside from that, I like also its scent and texture. It is also easy to apply and don’t need time to apply evenly. It’s not thick as you put on your face. And lastly, it is a powder finish.

            But still, POND’S White Beauty Advanced with SPF 15 didn’t give me the result I want. It took time before you see the result but at some circumstances, it really didn’t whiten you. Plus, based on my experience, I got pimple breakout after a week of usage especially when I’m using this as my outdoor day cream. And even it claims that it is a powder finish cream, still I’ve got oily few hours later.

            Do I recommend this to you? No but if you want to try, just apply it not regularly and don’t use it outdoor ‘coz this can trap dirt and pollution that will lead to pimple outbreak.

            RATING: 7/10

POND’S White Beauty for Acne-Prone Skin

Photo from lifestyle.inquirer.net

            Another POND’s cream but at this point, I can say that among all the POND’S creams, this is the best for me.

            It doesn’t have SPF yet the thing that convinced me to buy this is it’s for acne-prone skin. For me that is a plus point since one of my concern too is to don’t get breakouts with these creams and moisturizer.

            POND’S White Beauty for Acne-Prone Skin says that it can purify skin layer by layer (within epidermis), it lighten dark spots, and it help prevent future breakouts. All of that is true but in combating dark spots, it can only lessen the appearance.

            I stopped using this cream because aside from it has no SPF that I can’t assure that my skin didn’t get darken, I still got oily few hours later.

            I probably recommend this to those guys that their main concern is their acne-prone skin. It is good yet still you’re going to saw some impurities coming out from your skin.

            RATING: 8/10

POND’S Flawless White BB+ with SPF 30 PA ++ (Light)

Photo from www.terapeak.com

            POND’S Flawless White BB+ with SPF 30 PA ++ (Light) is the first BB cream that I’ve use. Like the other creams, I bought this because it has SPF. At first, I don’t know what’s the difference between BB cream and ordinary facial cream. But when I bought this one and tried it, that’s the point I’d knew the answer on my question.

            POND’S Flawless White BB+ with SPF 30 PA ++ (Light) is like a foundation but in a form of a cream. It really conceals those dark spots and blemishes. But on the other hand, it brought me some whiteheads and blackheads especially around my nose and on my chin. It is an instant white cream but obviously separated your face with your neck. This BB cream turned me like a clown XD XD.

            Even a small amount can cover your entire face but I don’t like it as an everyday cream because it looks like you’re wearing a foundation or the likes. Dude, it’s awkward that your face is whiter than your accompanied girl.

            I’d used it on our JSS Prom 2015 and my classmates and my friends really notice that my face looks really white compare to my overall skin complexion. And that’s not a compliment L! It’s very awkward for me! And that’s the point why I’d stopped using this BB cream although it’s really good if you wish to have an instant white complexion.

            I can say that this is best fitted to those with really white complexion and not for those with not so. Aside from that, it is not fitted for guys like us. Unless you still want to try and use it to conceal those dark spots but remember, apply it little by little.

            RATING: 8/10

GARNIER Skin Naturals Light Complete White Speed

Photo from bdjbox.com

            I consider GARNIER Skin Naturals Light Complete White Speed is one of the best creams I’ve ever tried. I have lots of good comment about this one.

            Although it hasn’t SPF it still helps me get rid of ultraviolet light because it has UVA/UVB filters. Another thing why I loved this cream is it really lightens my acne marks and dark spots on my face. Unlike other creams, I only use this as a “home cream” because I only prefer baby powder on my face.

            I love the scent of lemon. It is also for those acne-prone guys since it has pure lemon essence and salicylic acid derivative. It’s proven on my skin! About its whitening effect, I can say that it’s good yet it really took time to see the result even though it offers white speed. Patience is a virtue! For its long-lasting oil control effect, for me, it don’t unless you put powder after applying this cream, it lessen.

            I’d just stopped using this to try another brand of creams that may give me better result although this one is good and proven effective.

            Do I recommend this? YES! I do!

            RATING: 9/10

MAXI-PEEL Concealing Cream (Fair and Natural)

Photo from www.sarisaricart.com

            At first, I regret to try those Maxi-peel products since my always impression about these are abrasive, harsh, strong and the likes. But while browsing some blogs, I’d read a good review about this one. And the day after, I immediately visited a drug store to buy this.

            I bought first the MAXI-PEEL Concealing Cream the one for those with fair complexion. At my first week of usage, I’m totally amazed with this cream. It’s like BB creams because this is an instant white cream. From the title itself, it is a concealing cream. And that’s true! Yet I change it with the natural complexion one because I noticed and maybe others also that my face is really whiter than my overall complexion. Other than that, I took hard time applying powder for a second time around with this cream because it became white patches on my face.

            It has also SPF that gave me protection under the sun. Aside from the thing that it separated my face from my neck, the other one that I don’t like about this creams is it gave me a lot of whiteheads on my nose and on my chin that so obvious.

            RATING: 8.5/10

KOJIE SAN Sunblock with SPF 50 PA+++ and Anti-UVA/UVB

Photo from kinkiimall.com

            I bought the KOJIE SAN Sunblock with SPF 50 PA+++ and Anti-UVA/UVB because that time where going to a beach to perform our final activity on one of my subject enrolled that time. So, I visited a store to seek for a higher SPF-product and I saw this one.

            I followed the direction indicated on this sachet. I applied this on my face and on my neck and on other expose parts. But I put powder on my face after this sunblock to lessen the shine on my face.

            I’d really satisfied with this sunblock that time. I didn’t feel any irritation or negative reaction that time with this product. It didn’t also wash easily with water like what it says that it is a sweat-proof and water-proof that you don’t need to worry to get darkens under the sun.

            And when I got home, after performing the activity and enjoying the time of swimming, I didn’t notice any change on my skin color. It neither got darken nor damaged.

            I only used and going to use this product just only when I really need it especially when going to a beach or any outdoor activities that requires added protection against the sun.

            Do I recommend this? Yes, but not as a daily cream just for outdoor activities under the sun.

            RATING: 9/10

iWhite BB.Holic Everyday BB Cream (Light)

Photo from mykikayaddiction.blogspot.com

            Korean products are obviously making uproar in the world of cosmetics around the globe. And obviously, many Filipinos adore Korean personalities and products. Ayaw ‘man nating aminin, yan ang totoo!

            Sometimes when I’m taking a walk inside Watson, this Korean brand always hooked my eyes for a while, an evidence of Korean-cosmetic products invasion in the Philippines. At first, I regret to buy any Korean products since I only rely that time those products that I’m familiar. But due to curiosity and insecurity, I gave a shot on this product – the iWhite BB.Holic Everyday BB Cream (Light), the second BB cream that I tried and the first Korean product that I tried.

            iWhite BB.Holic Everyday BB Cream (Light) offers a natural looking coverage (check!), provides the benefit of both skincare (check!) and makeup (ex! That’s for girls only XD), and an everyday BB cream (not so for me).

            As I’m reading the label at the back of this sachet, I noticed that majority of the ingredients of this product are plant extracts. Now I know why Koreans have glowing skin.

            The time I used it, I noticed first its nice candy-like fragrance. When I squeeze it on my fingertip, it is in cream form but little by little it turns into semi-liquid that let our skin absorb quickly the product.

            Its light yet still can separate your face with your neck. It’s really effective on caring your skin but at my condition, it gave me whiteheads but not too much. It is also can’t be an outdoor cream for men like us because like what I’ve mention earlier, it can separate your face with your neck and the rest of your body unless you have a fair white glowing skin (I’m so insecure with you if you have that XD). But I’m still using it as a home cream for relaxing my face (in terms of my pores and skin texture) and I notice it in just less than a week of usage.

            Do I recommend this? Yes, I will but for those with the fair white complexion only if you prefer this as your outdoor cream yet the others can also use this but at home only.

            RATING: 9/10
           
NIVEA MEN Oil Control Moisture Gel

Photo from www.nivea.ph

            If there’s a brand that I can be proud of in terms of creams and moisturizer, I can proudly say that this is Nivea Men products! I totally proved it!

            One of the Nivea Men moisturizer that I’ve used is the NIVEA MEN Oil Control Moisture Gel. I have many good comments about this one and let me mention it one by one.

            First, it is an oil control moisturizer. Yes it’s true and I prove it but not for a long time. It is also for those acne-prone guys like me. My whiteheads and blackheads were reduced because of this. I love also its scent and its container. It is easy to squeeze and different from the other brands that make it unique to the others. And when you apply it on your face, you can feel the mint-like sensation on your face that’s pretty cool and amusing.

            NIVEA MEN Oil Control Moisture Gel is easy to lather on your face. It is also very man-friendly in terms of scent, packaging and application.

            My only concerns about this product are, it has no SPF and it is not a whitening moisturizer. Yet I’m still using this until now but not regularly, as a substitute cream only every time I’m always getting emptied with my all-time favorite moisturizer.

            Do I recommend this? YES!

            RATING: 9/10

NIVEA MEN Extra Whitening Pore Minimizer Moisturizer with SPF 30

Photo from www.niveamen.ph

            And now, down to my best and my all-time favorite moisturizer that I ever tried and still using – the NIVEA MEN Extra Whitening Pore Minimizer Moisturizer with SPF 30! I really love this moisturizer! Aside from its perfectly formulated to us men, it’s also effective on whitening and caring our skin!

            Before, I don’t prefer any creams or moisturizers on my face because it is a little bit hassle and some are not working on my face. But after trying many creams and moisturizers on my face, I totally found out the perfect moisturizer that works on my condition.

            Below are the benefits that NIVEA MEN Extra Whitening Pore Minimizer Moisturizer with SPF 30 offers with my corresponding comments:

            Helps to brighten & even out skin tone. I agreed on this! It really brightens, lightens and whitens my skin after months of usage of this product.

            Helps to lighten dark spots & pigmentation. I prove it! Before, I have some noticeable darks spots on my face but after continue using this product, my dark spots get lighten and reduce.

            Prevents the formation of new dark spots. Yeah, I noticed it! Every time I got pimples on my face the other concern after drying this is to have dark spots or acne marks but with this product, wow! I didn’t get any dark spots after this.

            Prevents further skin darkening. A big loud clap for this! I use this not only as a home cream but also an outdoor moisturizer because this has SPF 30 that I can assure that I can’t get darken even under the sun. But remember also that even we are using sunblock and creams or moisturizer with SPF under the sun, it’s better not to stay too much to assure that you skin can’t get damaged and some skin related problems.

            Repairs dull & damaged skin. It’s a big help! If you read the labels on some creams and moisturizers, they always say that do not apply this (relating to some creams and moisturizer) to damaged skin but in NIVEA MEN Extra Whitening Pore Minimizer Moisturizer with SPF 30, it’s okay and I tried and tested it every time I get damaged skin through harsh soaps and solutions. It really moisturizes and heals the damaged skin that totally differs from the other brands.

            Stimulates skin regeneration. Maybe it is the same with the repairing dull and damaged skin.

            Mattifies the skin. Yeah, it’s light and not so white when you apply on your face. It is also best for setting powder to achieve more mattified skin for a long day.

            Effectively hydrate & refreshes skin.

            Helps refine & tightens pores. A little bit only since I didn’t notice any improvements on my pores after months of using this.

            Gives smoother & healthier looking skin.

The only complains, that I can say about this moisturizer, are (first) it took time to apply evenly on my face, and (second) it leaves some white residues after a long time of application of this moisturizer or due to too much application of moisturizer on your face.

            Do I recommend this? YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES!

            Rating: 9.5/10





            The creams and moisturizers are just some of the products that I’ve used. And also, this post is just base on my opinion, experience and thoughts. It’s only a guide on your decision on what creams or moisturizer that you’re going to use. Hopefully, I totally help you!

            If you have any opinions or thoughts about your favorite creams or moisturizer, I’m open for that, just leave a comment and I’m happy to reply to you.

-- Boss Gio

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for this quality post. Thumbs up!.https://meso.pro

    ReplyDelete
  2. Supreme Plus Rejuvenating Moisturizer - Organic, Vegan, Natural Anti-aging Moisturizer. This gentle moisturizer restores and tones your skin while plumping it up with moisture from hyaluronic acid. The best ingredients for anti-aging or acne prone skin? You name it, this one has it! Vitamin C, Vitamin E, Rosehip oil, Hyaluronic acid, Witch hazel, Propolis, Royal jelly, Aloe vera, Glycolic acid... and many more!
    https://amzn.to/2OoR5by

    ReplyDelete